back to job listings
Job Title: Field Marketing Representative
Company: The Restaurant Store, Inc.
As a division of Clark Associates, Inc., The Restaurant Store provides the quality, value, and excellent service demanded by today’s busiest restaurateurs. The Restaurant Store operates eight store locations in Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia, and Reading, Pennsylvania, as well as Wilmington, Delaware and two locations in Baltimore, Maryland. The Restaurant Store offers customers a selection of over 20,000 items within their brick-and-mortar locations and over 150,000 items through the ecommerce site, TheRestaurantStore.com. Great prices, convenient online ordering, and virtually unlimited supplies make the Restaurant Store a food service professional’s premier source for restaurant supplies and equipment.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Employees also enjoy food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts.
The Field Marketing Representative with The Restaurant Store is responsible for communicating the advantages of shopping with The Restaurant Store in a clear and concise manner while achieving the following standards:
- Traveling to businesses within local market in order to increase sales with current customer base while developing new relationships with prospective customers
- Developing a clear understanding of product line offered in-store and GP associated with privately labeled products
- Communicating effectively with Sales team in order to ensure follow through on leads generated by Field Marketing Representative
- Communicating effectively with Branch management team regarding updates for customer base, including but not limited to new customer prospects and lapsed customers
- Communicating pertinent information to TRS marketing department through established reporting methods
- Planning, organizing, and executing specific marketing and sales programs
- Ability to research and communicate competitor information to sales and inventory teams within branch by providing relevant competitor invoices and identifying where prospective customers are sourcing products
- Ability to navigate TRS.com intelligently and to assist customers in establishing online accounts and setting up quick pick lists
*Applicants must have a car and a clean driving record.
This position has the following physical requirements:
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 8 ½ hours/day.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.