back to job listings
Job Title: Merchandising Lead
Company: The Restaurant Store
As a Clark Associates company, The Restaurant Store provides the quality, value, and excellent service demanded by today’s busiest restaurateurs. The Restaurant Store operates eight store locations in Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia, and Reading, Pennsylvania, as well as Wilmington, Delaware and two locations in Baltimore, Maryland. The Restaurant Store offers customers a selection of over 20,000 items within their brick-and-mortar locations and over 150,000 items through the ecommerce site, TheRestaurantStore.com. Great prices, convenient online ordering, and virtually unlimited supplies make the Restaurant Store a food service professional’s premier source for restaurant supplies and equipment.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Employees also enjoy food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts.
A Merchandising Lead with The Restaurant Store is responsible for managing the merchandising of all items within the branch location while achieving the following standards:
- Optimizing sales based on product placement throughout branch location
- Analytical mindset in order to plan and challenge product allocation within branch location
- Overall organization and neatness while completing merchandising tasks
- Managing monthly front-of-store resets to highlight sales items in effective manner
- Developing and training team within merchandising area of branch operations
- Communicating effectively with Inventory team in order to maximize merchandising space within branch
- Communicating effectively with Sales team in order to alert customers when new or requested items are available in store
- Communicating with Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager to oversee the safety and maintenance of the building and equipment within the branch
- Managing customer situations and sales issues
- Promoting TRS.com for all customer orders
- Maintaining and overseeing store cleanliness
This position has the following physical requirements:
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 8 ½ hours/day.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.