Location: 852 Warehouse
Reports To: Receiving Supervisor
Basic Overview: A material handler in receiving checks and unloads incoming shipments. He or she verifies that the correct types and amounts of items were shipped and inspects the goods to ensure their quality.
- Unload trucks and sign bills in timely manner (including container trucks where constant lifting, moving product above head, and bending are required for 2 hour periods).
- Process all incoming merchandise in an accurate and timely manner using mobile devices.
- Safely operating and maintaining warehouse equipment to carry out job duties to ensure a safe work environment (must be fully trained and certified).
- Keeping work zone clean and orderly so that warehouse is a safe and clean work environment.
- Communicating with warehouse receiving supervisor with any issues or concerns that arise regarding work duties.
- Performing other duties and tasks not listed as requested by the receiving supervisor.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 to 75lbs
- Must be able to push and pull up to 150lbs
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75lbs above head
- Must be able to constantly squat, bend, reach, and, stand throughout entire shift