back to job listings
Job Title: Supply Chain Internship
Company: Webstaurant Store
Join one of Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies today! WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates company, is looking for proactive, detail oriented candidates to join our growing company as a Supply Chain Intern. This role focuses on problem solving and process improvement and is a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
As a Supply Chain Strategist you will be charged with defining, analyzing and solving complex problems by working to streamline transportation and distribution of products. Supply Chain Strategists assist company managers in creating a more productive, cost-effective and profitable enterprise.
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Is self aware, optimistic and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Self motivated and results orientated
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing capabilities and establish new systems and processes as needed for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all traffic including inventory levels, contracted carriers, or transportation schedules
- Undertake detailed and thorough logistics analysis and identify opportunities to aid efficiency and cost optimization through evaluation of data
- Collaborate with associates to improve efficiency, productivity and processes.
- Responsible for preparing statistical data for contract negotiations.
- Track logistics trends and use information to recommend change
- Utilize knowledge and research methods to benchmark logistics activities and to drive best practice results
- Work with Logistics and other appropriate staff to resolve issues as and when required
- Provide additional analytical support as required
- Work towards and support a culture of continuous improvement and work to make business and department improvements wherever possible
- Other special projects as assigned
We offer competitive compensation and employees enjoy regular food service industry trainings from top manufacturers and product experts. Our Pennsylvania headquarters features an on-site fitness center, game room, and the chance to cook and eat delicious meals in our test kitchen, outfitted with some of our newest and best professional restaurant equipment.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Traffic Intern position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.