back to job listings
Job Title: In-House Food Stylist
Company: Webstaurant Store
WebstaurantStore is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented candidate to join our rapidly growing company as a Food Stylist. The Food Stylist works closely with the creative/content teams in interpreting established brand direction, appropriately providing styling techniques combined with updated trend awareness to reinforce the brand.
The Food Stylist is responsible for making food/drinks look visually appealing and to show function and scale of the merchandise. Planning, preparation food styling, and propping is a must. Assets created will be used over multiple platforms (print, digital, social, and video) as well as external media needs. Problem-solve the best, most efficient way to execute shoots under limiting circumstances and short lead times. Maintain prop inventory, food/prop shopping, cleanness of prep area and other functions as directed. This is an in-studio, full time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the visual production and content teams functioning as a food stylist. A highly-engaged key component of a collaborative team that includes a photographer, videographer, set stylist, assistant photographer and Director of Photography to achieve the appropriate final look for any desired output (still images and/or video), ensuring brand integrity is being successfully translated through appropriate styling.
- Expected to participate in essential meetings, brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Meet daily and weekly deadlines including inter-team correspondence and grocery orders.
- Organize and keep the kitchen, tools, and prep & prop areas clean and free of safety hazards.
- Assist the Director of Photography with special projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; culinary arts degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of food styling experience.
- Must possess food preparation, cooking, baking and decorating skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function with equal ease autonomously and in a collaborative setting.
- Creative thinker with the confidence to share ideas with the team.
- Research food styling trends to stay fresh/current.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple project concurrently and meet deadlines gracefully.
- Self-starter with excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Motivated with an enthusiastic view about the position and the organization’s vision and values.
- Partner with Director of Photography to improve on set workflow to maintain daily quotas.
- Strong internet skills along with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Google documents.
- Portfolio required.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Employees also enjoy regular food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts.
Our Pennsylvania headquarters feature an on-site fitness center, regular training sessions, game room, and the chance to cook and eat delicious meals in our test kitchen, outfitted with some of our newest and best professional restaurant equipment.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Food Stylist position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.