back to job listings
Job Title: Database Development Manager
Company: Webstaurant Store, Inc.
WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates Company – the internet’s largest restaurant supplier, is looking for candidates in the Tampa Florida area who love technology to join our growing company as a Database Development Manager. This position is to satisfy management needs for our growing database administration team, working with application development teams to support database tuning and design functions of our web based and internal corporate applications and projects.
This role focuses on design, scalability, and performance of our ecommerce databases and is a key part of our core business strategy of serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
As a Database Development Manager, you will:
- Work closely with our Database Administration Managers in Pennsylvania and Florida to ensure department level processes and procedures followed
- Lead a team of MSSQL database developers
- Project manage department level initiatives to deliver solutions
- Work with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Project Owners to ensure database development resources are managed across agile teams
- Monitor mission critical MSSQL servers and optimize performance problems
- Follow or implement best practices for testing, including load testing, QA testing, and database baseline testing, for existing and new processes, to support company growth and system performance and availability.
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who possess:
- Strong interpersonal and team communication skills
- Prior DBA experience or programming experience using any major programming language with a Microsoft SQL server backend
- A strong understanding of database design (physical and logical), T-SQL query optimization, index optimization, and database related job management
- Troubleshooting skills to diagnose and fix logical data problems or application performance problems
- An understanding of relational database theory and implementations
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery technologies
- 7-10 years of experience in database administration with a demonstrated use of technology advancements
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, gym membership reimbursement, a 401k with company match, profit sharing along with an annual bonus.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this opportunity with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.
Applicants must be able to commute to our Tampa, Florida office.