back to job listings
Job Title: Wholesale Distribution Leadership Internship
Company: The Restaurant Store, Inc.
- The Restaurant Store intern will be given an individualized project, which they will present at the end of the program, based on their major and the need for the specific location. The project is given to the intern one month into employment; this way the individual can train, observe and see how the store functions prior to being focused on the project.
- Throughout the internship program, aside from the project that the individual will be pursuing, we expect the intern to perform the duties of a typical team member. This means that one will be….
- Moving product throughout the store
- Utilizing a ladder to stock product properly
- Using a pallet jack
- Communicating properly with customers
- Learning the POS system
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Greet customers – offer assistance
- Pull orders from RS.com
- Follow priority list
- Execute operational tasks given by upper management
- Provide excellent customer service
- Exercise sales techniques to aid customers
- Build business relationships through interactions
- Take customers carts to vehicle and help load
- Keep work areas neat and clean
- Strong work ethic
- Professional appearance
- Basic math skills
- Ability to handle money and basic cashiering skills
- Able to think critically
- During an internship we will invest in the individual through developmental trainings. In return we expect for the intern to use their strong problem solving, analytical, creative and leadership skills to strategically drive and improve The Restaurant Store.