back to job listings
Job Title: UI/UX Designer
Company: Webstaurant Store, Inc.
WebstaurantStore is the leading restaurant supply & equipment ecommerce retailer! As a UI/UX Designer, you lead day-to-day design and development of products and features that improve the usability of our site for customers.
This position will play a key role in the evolution of our style guide into a system of design patterns. You'll help shape the look and behavior of our products and help communicate its value to the organization while using research methods to gather requirements from users and stakeholders.
Check out of some of the work our team has been doing recently on Instagram: @webstaurantdesigners
We're looking for:
- Experience with user experience and user-centered design
- Writing semantic HTML/CSS, SASS or LESS and proficient with responsive design
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or Figma
- Coding with Git or other versioning software
- Documenting and communicating your progress on projects
- Experience with scrum/agile methodologies is a plus
- Portfolio demonstrating strong understanding of visual design, UI design and front-end development
Things we value:
- Solid work ethic - you are motivated to learn and work independently
- Dependability - you meet deadlines consistently and can communicate roadblocks
- Problem solver - you can figure out random Firefox or IE bugs
- Passion - you enjoy what you do and often solicit feedback to improve
Your daily job looks like:
- Designing UI and turning it into a working prototype while documenting new UI/UX code within our style guide
- Collaborating with project teams including software engineers, product owners, business analysts, and others to define product experience
- Cross-browser testing all code you write
- Refactoring existing CSS for performance optimization
- Participating in team design critiques
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Flexible schedule and ability to remote work up to 2 days/week
- Dog friendly office
If you are ready to be a part of our team, apply today by submitting your resume and examples/case studies of your work.