The assistant photographer works closely with the creative/content teams in supporting the established brand direction. Must be meticulous, well organized and hard working. Duties include assisting the visual production team on set or on location, helping build and construct sets, setting up lights & cameras, cleaning merchandise, unpack and repack merchandise, assist in 3D scanning preparation and breakdown, keeping studio clean and organized, maintaining inventory list , calendars, and other functions as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the visual production and content teams functioning as an assistant photographer. A highly-engaged key component of a collaborative team that includes a photographer, food stylist and set stylist.
- Assisting photographer on all shoots.
- Basic styling for products prior to photo-shoot (cleaning SS items, stuffing bags, etc.)
- Expected to participate in essential meetings, brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs - physically moving merchandise on/off sets or shelves.
- Update and maintain equipment inventory list.
- Keep studio clean and organized.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- CaptureOne, Photoshop and MS Office Suite knowledge required.
- Familiarity with photography and lighting techniques.
- Experience in a commercial photography studio setting.
- Experience with studio strobes and HMI lighting.
- A strong work ethic, ability to take initiative, great attitude, and are a self-starter.
- Ability to take direction well and follow through on all assigned tasks.
- Possess professionalism in an office setting.