The Material Handler is responsible for the selecting of warehouse stock by means of safely utilizing warehouse equipment so that customer orders are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Pulling warehouse stock to fulfill orders as they are processed to ensure that customers receive order in a short time frame and as accurate as possible.
- Consolidating and completing orders so that orders can be shipped in full to the customer.
- Pulling outbound warehouse transfers so that local warehouses, stores, and sales staff have stock to fulfill customer needs
- Safely operating and maintaining warehouse equipment to carry out job duties to ensure a safe work environment
- Keeping work zone clean and orderly so that warehouse is a safe and clean work environment
- Communicating with warehouse outside assistant shipping supervisor with any issues or concerns that arise regarding work duties
- Performing other duties and tasks not listed as requested by both the shipping and outside assistant shipping supervisors
This position has the following physical requirements:
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 8 ½ hours/day.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.