Safety Manager - WebstaurantStore
WebstaurantStore is opening a facility in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania!
Join one of Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies today! WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates company, is looking for dedicated and hardworking candidates that have leadership qualities to join our growing company as a Safety Manager. The leaders and managers within the Distribution Center play a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
Job Summary: The role of the Safety Manager is to build and maintain a positive safety culture at WebstaurantStore’s Bloomsburg facility. Responsibilities include training, recordkeeping, facility inspections, incident investigations, and project coordination.
Schedule: Default 1st shift schedule M-F, must be flexible and available to work on multiple shifts/weekends as needed
As Safety Manager, you will:
- Personally train employees on workplace safety policies and procedures
- Maintain, develop, and update safety training programs, policies, and procedures
- Ensure that all employee safety and training records are complete, organized, and available
- Ensure that all work is performed according to facility safety policies, regulatory guidelines, and best practices
- Complete regular inspections to ensure a hazard-free workplace and OSHA compliance (including other regulatory agencies, such as DOT, FDA, NFPA, etc.)
- Complete safety audits to ensure practices and procedures are relevant and up-to-date
- Conduct and review incident investigations relating to injuries, equipment, and near-misses
- Conduct Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis to identify problem areas and find solutions
- Provide guidance to management on matters relating to safety
- Lead and coordinate meetings and projects with warehouse safety committee
- Promote a positive safety culture
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who:
- Show initiative to work with minimal instruction and direction
- Exhibit analytical thinking and problem solving
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate maturity, responsibility and leadership ability
- Display organizational ability, strong attention to detail
- Manage conflicts effectively, with interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate others
- Able to push and pull up to 150 lbs., as well as lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Able to constantly bend, reach, stand, twist, and squat throughout shift
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30 General Industry training
- Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in safety management or related field
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match.
Our Bloomsburg facility is currently under construction and is expected to begin receiving product Q2 of 2020. If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Safety Manager position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.