100% Remote. Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Nevada, Maryland, Oklahoma, and Kentucky residents only. Applicants must be residents of one of the aforementioned states to apply.
WebstaurantStore is the leading restaurant supply & equipment ecommerce retailer! As a UI Designer, you'll lead day-to-day design and development of products and features that improve the usability of our systems for customers and users.
This position will play a key role in the evolution of our style guide into a system of design patterns. You'll help shape the look and behavior of our products and help communicate its value to the organization while using research methods to gather requirements from users and stakeholders.
Check out some of our design team's recent work on Instagram: @webstaurantdesigners
We're looking for:
- 3+ years with user experience and user-centered design
- Writing semantic HTML/CSS, SASS or LESS
- Be proficient with responsive design
- Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or Sketch
- Coding with Git or other versioning software
- Documenting and communicating your progress on projects
- Familar with React Bootstrap or Ant Design
- Experience with scrum/agile methodologies is a plus
- Portfolio demonstrating strong understanding of visual design, UI design and front-end development
Things we value:
- Solid work ethic - you are motivated to learn and work independently
- Dependability - you meet deadlines consistently and can communicate roadblocks
- Problem solver - you can figure out random Firefox or IE bugs
- Passion - you enjoy what you do and getting to work with new technology
Your daily job looks like:
- Designing UI and turning it into a working prototype
- Documenting new UI/UX code within our style guide
- Assisting back-end developers with troubleshooting site bugs or markup implementation
- Cross-browser testing all code you write
- Refactoring existing CSS for performance optimization
- Participating in team design critiques
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
If you are ready to be a part of our team, apply today by submitting your resume and a portfolio of your work.