As a Product Designer you’ll work alongside a team passionate about creating valuable, easy to use experiences for users across a wide area of WebstaurantStore products. You will be involved in every stage of product development - from brainstorming new ideas to tweaking pixels before a new feature ships.
Take a look at some of the work our marketing, branding, and product teams have done: @webstaurantdesign
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify for remote work, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
- Partnered with product owners to help define information architecture and tell the right stories
- 3+ years of relevant web design experience—ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- Designed with an understanding of the formal principles of design: typography, layout, balance, and proportions
- The ability to navigate and understand a componentized Pattern Library, and think within that library to help extrapolate and extend its shared patterns and behaviors
- Worked within scrum/agile methodologies
- Experience designing e-commerce websites and experiences
- Ability to design with very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Expertise in UI, UX, or visual design
Your daily job looks like:
- Taking provided requirements, and building out wireframes
- Explaining your work, process, and decisions to stakeholders
- Collaborating closely with designers, developers, and engineers
- Participating in team design critiques
You might work on:
- Web Administrative Portal – the platform that WebstaurantStore uses to manage the products, pricing, services, and other customer-related material for Webstaurantstore.com
- Webstaurantstore.com - the website of the leading distributor of restaurant supplies and equipment
- Briefcase – the customer service platform used by WebstaurantStore to communicate with customers
What's in it for you:
- We will help you focus on what you do best and give you the opportunities to grow into the role that you will be most successful in. An annual education reimbursement will help you on your journey.
- Flexible work schedule. Work the hours that make sense for you.
- Dog-friendly offices. Bring your best friend with you.
- Take a break during the day, and use the onsite fitness center
- Annual bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) up to a 10% employee contribution
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
What our hiring process looks like:
- A phone interview with a Team Lead or Manager to chat about the company, position, and most importantly, learn more about you. Our goal is to see if we're a match.
- If we feel that you could be a match, we will contact you to schedule the next interview, or let you know if we feel that you aren't a good fit.
- The next interview will involve all Team Managers, and the Director of Design. We could ask you general questions about design to test your understanding of design principles, or have you review a case study on your portfolio. Additionally, we will be reviewing your communication skills and how well you align with our core values.
- Last, we will either make you an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't a good fit.
If you are ready to be a part of our team, please include these in your application:
- A portfolio, preferably online
- Your resume
- 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work
- A short paragraph on why you believe that you will flourish and grow at WebstaurantStore