The Clark Associates Companies are looking for an Employment Support Specialist to join our rapidly growing company. This position reports directly to the Benefits Administrator and plays an integral role in providing employment-related guidance and support to management and employees.
- Serve as subject matter expert for employment-related matters
- Review, recommend, develop and implement policies and procedures where necessary while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Consult and coach managers and employees with solutions and support to include interpretation of company policy, corrective action matters and solutions
- Consult and advise management and employees on items such as FMLA and ADA to include consistent communication methods, tracking, training and reporting of information
- Partner with executive team, managers and benefits staff in promoting various company projects and initiatives
- Process unemployment claims, assist in appeals and attend hearings when necessary
- Review job descriptions and designate FLSA classifications
- Conduct exit interviews, summarize findings and share trends with management
- Prepare materials and facilitate workplace harassment training for managers and employees and provide support for investigations
- Maintain HRIS system upkeep and provide project oversight to HRIS system enhancements
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism when handling sensitive and confidential company/employee information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Thrives in an environment that encourages change, creative solutions and operating with an ownership perspective
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Fosters an environment conducive to open, transparent communication across all levels of the company
- Driven, self-motivated and possess a passion for excellence
- Critical thinker with desire to improve efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Knowledgeable of federal, state, and local employment law and regulations
- 3+ years of progressive experience desired
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical, dental and vision insurance package, 401K match and wellness programs.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!