To qualify for remote work, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
Clark Associates, Inc is the fastest growing distributor of foodservice, hospitality and janitorial supplies in the country. Products are sold through three channels of distribution, including WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and Clark Food Service Equipment.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and insightful individual who will be passionate about compliance and moving us in the right direction. Our import volume continues to show significant growth every year. We continue to import from new countries and adapt to new regulations.
As an Import Compliance Specialist you will:
- Maintain product compliance database of Clark items including HTS classifications
- Stay up to date with US trade policy
- Be an expert on the documents required for importing
- Work with our customs broker to ensure timely clearance and delivery
- Effectively communicate changes to our purchasing department
We are looking for a driven, motivated candidate who:
- Has excellent analytical skills
- Can learn the rules of US Customs and follow them precisely
- Is proficient at aggregating, cleaning, and analyzing data
- Is curious about how processes work and can ask the right questions
- Is a strong communicator, capable of conveying compliance concepts to other departments
- Is comfortable with change and is willing to keep up to date with the changes in trade policy
- Has integrity and will represent Clark Associates well with external providers
- Previous experience in import compliance preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical/dental insurance package, 401K match, and wellness programs. Employees appreciate using our onsite gym facilities or benefiting from the gym membership reimbursement program.