Title: Material Handler – Order Picker
Department: Web Shipping
Location: 200 Commerce Drive, Madisonville, KY 42431
Reports To: Shipping Supervisor/Team Leader
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: OFF
Basic Overview: The Order Picker is responsible for efficiently and accurately picking customer orders while maintaining quality and speed to ensure customer orders are processed in a timely and secure manner. Pickers are held accountable for 3 different errors; wrong quantity, wrong item and bin empty. It’s essential that the employee be both quick and accurate in this role to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Pulling warehouse stock to fulfill orders as they are processed to ensure that customers receive order in a short time frame and as accurate as possible.
- Safely operating and maintaining warehouse equipment to carry out job duties to ensure a safe work environment (must be trained and certified).
- Abides by all forklift safety training which includes wearing belt/harness at all times, never carrying passengers who are not in a belt/harness, using horn as needed, maintaining a safe speed and never pulling skids directly from bins with a picker.
- Reporting any forklift issues to the team leader or supervisor to ensure they are properly fixed by a trained technician.
- Keeping work zone clean and orderly so that warehouse is a safe and clean work environment. This includes removing empty boxes from bins and aisles as needed.
- Report any accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Performing other duties and tasks not listed as requested by the shipping supervisor or team leader.
- Must be able push and pull up to 150lbs
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 to 75lbs
- Must be able to constantly squat, bend, reach, and stand throughout shift
- Must be able to work overtime