Position: Accounting Manager
This position reports directly to the controller and has a key leadership role within the accounting department. A high level of involvement with the month-end close process is expected. This position plays an integral part in developing and maintaining internal controls, and will also focus on developing reporting to assist management with identifying cost saving opportunities. This position will also play an important part in proactively establishing procedures to plan for audited financial statements.
- Assist the controller with financial analysis and reporting
- Promote continual process improvement for accounting functions and business unit functions impacting financial records
- Work with a team of software developers to ensure financial systems developed are effective and functional and improve workflow and processes
- Manage month-end close processes which includes journal entry preparation, reconciliation of accruals and prepaids, preparation and validation of internal financial statements
- Integral role in developing and maintaining internal controls and process documentation
- Serve as the liaison to external auditors
- Develop an understanding of intercompany billing to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Assist with the supervision of accounting staff, ensuring other staff members are developing professionally and completing projects timely
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Driven, self-motivated and desire to learn
- Think critically and work to improve efficiency
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Access
- Understanding of corporate income and sales and use tax
- Able to work accurately at a fast pace
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience desired
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Our Lancaster headquarters features an on-site fitness center, and the chance to cook and eat delicious meals in our test kitchen, outfitted with some of our newest and best professional restaurant equipment.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Accounting Manager position with you!