Clark Associates is seeking a driven and motived Corporate Counsel to help manage the legal needs of the Clark Associates Family of Companies. This position reports directly to the General Counsel.
Successful candidates will have proven leadership and process development experience as well as excellent technical legal skills.
As Corporate Counsel you will:
- Act as a resource and offer counsel on legal matters
- Provide legal support and evaluation of employment matters, including, but not limited to employment agreements, compensation questions, separation issues, and related processes
- Advise on trends and changes in legal environment
- Partner with various internal teams to identify opportunities and exposure, while recommending most appropriate courses of action
- Draft, review, revise, and/or advise on commercial contracts or agreements.
- Provide legal advice and counsel businesses on commercial matters, including but not limited to:
- General corporate matters
- Privacy, data security, and information law
- Commercial real estate matters
- Other miscellaneous compliance topics
- Position appropriate internal and/or external resources to address legal needs
- Assist in the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of external counsel
- Drive process development and promote continual improvement for the legal function
- Operate with an entrepreneurial spirit in minimizing exposure and bringing value
- Train business unit personnel on relevant legal topics
- Other tasks and items as requested and/or advised
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- JD from accredited law school
- 5+ years of progressive, related experience desired
- Admitted to practice in PA and in good standing
- Interest and experience in Employment Law preferred
- Strong leadership skills and high degree of emotional intelligence
- Driven and self-motivated with a passion for excellence
- Strong critical thinker
- Excellent self-management skills
- Adapts well to change
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, 401k with company match, wellness programs, and gym membership reimbursement.
Our Lancaster headquarters features an on-site fitness center and cafeteria. If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!