The Common Carrier Material Handler is responsible for ensuring our Common Carrier orders are being shipped in a timely and accurate manner by means of safely utilizing warehouse equipment.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Pulling warehouse stock to fulfill orders as they are processed to ensure that customers receive order in a short time frame and as accurate as possible.
- Relaying when stock is low or emptied and needing refilled
- Completing orders so that they can be shipped in full to the customer.
- Safely operating and maintaining warehouse equipment to carry out job duties to ensure a safe work environment
- Utilizing wrap machines to ensure product is secure enough for transit
- Build crates and pallets to secure freight for shipment
- Utilizing various hand tools to successfully complete job duties
- Loading trailers appropriately to ensure customer orders ship complete and on time
- Keeping work zone clean and orderly so the that warehouse is a safe and clean work environment
- Communicating with manager with any issues or concerns that arise regarding work duties
- Utilize the various technological devices that will allow for optimal production
- Meeting all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly metrics expressed in expectations
- Working in a team environment
- Performing other duties and tasks not listed as requested the manager
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Must be able push and pull up to 150lbs
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 to 75lbs
- Must be able to constantly bend, reach, climb, and stand throughout shift
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Pay and Benefits:
Pay starts at $14.50 per hour, with opportunity to see pay increase to $21.00 per hour inside the first 5 years of employment.
Performance reviews every 6 months with raise opportunity up to $0.88 each review.
Paid vacation after 60 days, pro-rated to the end of the year. Starting 2021, employees less than 3 years receive 15 days or 120 hours PTO.
Apply with us to learn more about our great benefits!