The Warehouse Powered Equipment Trainers are responsible for the tracking, training, certifying, and documentation of employees on any/all powered industrial equipment used within the distribution center. A secondary focus to equipment training, he/she will be assigned various safety related audits and tasks. He/She should have a knowledge of the equipment, warehouse procedures, policies, and cultural expectations. Powered Equipment Trainers will hold themselves to the highest company standards and should be in good attendance and safety standing. He/She must be able to communicate with all departments and managers, through both verbal and written form.
The Powered Equipment Trainer’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct powered equipment training/retraining and certification for all equipment operators regardless of previous experience. Certification includes both classroom and practical driving, as well as company policies for each equipment type that the employee will operate
- Document and maintain accurate records (physical and digital) of all training materials in relation to the certifying and recertifying of employees
- Communicate with department and shift managers to schedule powered equipment training/recertification classes on all shifts
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment to ensure a safe work environment
- Abide by all forklift safety training (must go through training and certification).
- Coach and train employees on the safety and best practices of our business
- Communicate any issues and report any accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Conduct safety audits e.g. fire extinguisher inspections, eye wash inspection, maintaining first aid cabinets.
- Perform other duties and tasks not listed as requested by the safety manager
- Must have strong written and oral skills
- Practical skills for documenting and recordkeeping in Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams, etc.
- Initiative to work with minimal instruction and direction
- Demonstrate maturity and responsibility