WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates Company and the Internet’s largest restaurant supplier, is looking for candidates who love technology to join our growing company as a Senior Database Administrator (DBA).
A successful Sr. DBA will be able to provide tools to the team (other DBAs) as well as customers (development teams) to monitor multiple database platforms, ensure uptime and reliability of the databases, and provide support in case of emergencies. The Sr. DBA will be expected to have strong working relationships with other departments within the company throughout the development process and application lifecycle of both internally developed and vendor supported applications.
As a DBRE, you will:
- Protect, preserve, and ensure the availability of the data
- Triage and resolve database performance problems
- Perform in-depth analysis after outages and conduct blameless postmortems where you’ll determine the root cause of incidents and implement changes to prevent them from reoccurring
- Identify project opportunities and lead them through implementation
- Provide technical leadership to the less experienced members of the team
- Spot weak areas in our environment and architect better solutions
- Measure and monitor database performance to ensure optimal configuration settings are applied
- Document and automate processes to eliminate time spent on recurring tasks
- Build and maintain self-serve tools for application and database developers
- Become proficient with available in-house developed and 3rd party tools
- Assume responsibility for database security, backups, and maintenance tasks
- Identify and implement new relevant SQL Server features as they become available
- Participate in the on-call rotation and implement fixes for issues as they come up so that they don’t occur again
- Have 5+ years of experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server
- Understand relational database theory and implementations
- Have setup, configured, and supported SQL Server Always On Availability Groups
- Possess experience with additional types of data stores and data models (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience supporting Distributed Availability Groups
- Skilled at writing and optimizing complex SQL statements
- Have working knowledge of one or more current programming languages
- Proficient with PowerShell
- Comfortable using git
- Familiar with job scheduling software
- Enjoy trying new technologies and techniques
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Sr. DBA position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.
H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only