JOB TITLE: Operations Professional LOCATION: Varies
DEPARTMENT: Staff BUSINESS UNIT: The Restaurant Store
REPORTS TO: Merchandising Manager FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/01/2021 EEO STATUS: Service Workers
The Operations Professional with The Restaurant Store is responsible for all aspects of daily material handling in a retail branch location. The Operations Professional will achieve a variety of operational goals through effective inventory management strategies that align with the goals of our sales, merchandising, and inventory teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Receive all inbound merchandise each day and stock merchandise onto the sales floor
• Down-stock reserve merchandise to selling areas
• Organize merchandise (front and face) to provide a “grand opening” appearance each day
• Follow and execute the priority list and perform related tasks as directed by management
• Provide a high level of customer service when needed to assist customers with locating items in the store without engaging in sales advisory conversations
• Effectively refer customers to a member of the Sales team to answer relevant questions
• Perform general cleaning tasks such as sweeping and/or mopping the floor, take out trash and cardboard
• Keep work areas and sales floor neat and clean
• May be asked to operate a forklift as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in retail and/or supply chain management
• High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated knowledge of our business model and a strong work ethic
• Basic customer service skills and ability to function well with coworkers
• Strong verbal communication skills and ability to think critically
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Business Proficiency in English is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 9 hours/day
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
• Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
• Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
• Requires the ability to regularly lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.