WebstaurantStore.com - a Clark Associates company - the internet's largest restaurant supplier -- has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer within our Web Network Engineering Team! In this position, you will be supporting the networks, and associated hardware, within our two production & development environments, all while enjoying a collaborative team work environment with room for growth and training provided when needed. If you're a smart, analytical and driven technology professional, who loves working with, and implementing, technology solutions, don't miss this chance to join our growing Systems Team!
If you're searching for a full-time, permanent work-at-home career, we’ve got an opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team! Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only. As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
• Access to a home router and modem.
• A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
• A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
• The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc. Work from home benefits include:
• The essential computer equipment, such as hardware and software, needed to perform your job.
- Ensure high network availability through continuous monitoring and preventive maintenance of our Cisco & Dell switches, routers, and our Checkpoint firewalls in each environment.
- Manage assigned projects for all network and firewall infrastructure changes to the environment.
- Maintaining the network equipment and firewalls in the production and development web environments
- Develop and maintain a library of technical documentation on SharePoint
- Must posess knowledge and experience with OSPF, BGP, and TCP/IP protocols.
- Ability to review packet captures & firewall logs, perform network load testing.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes introduced to the network infrastructure.
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, various departments & stakeholders, and other vendors.
- Provide escalated, highly complex technical support to staff and peers by investigating and resolving network-related matters of significance.
- Apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex network requirements and problems.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Assist departmental management with development of systems standards, short- and long-term goals, project management, and strategic direction.
- Participate in on-call rotation for network systems and infrastructure.
- Maintain thorough understanding of new developments and techniques in information technology.
- At least three years’ experience in network administration or minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a network related IT discipline.
- Strong attention to detail
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include): As directed.
What skills you should have:
- Ability to manage complex technical projects, and deliver successful project outcomes on schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization's workforce.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, perform under stress and adapt when confronted with emergency situations.
- Ability to resolve complex problems using analytical skills, technical expertise, or research and deliver innovative solutions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation including diagrams, procedures, and configuration management documents.
- Ability to manage time well with changing priorities.
- Strong business acumen and focus in daily activities, with an attention to detail.
- This position periodically requires extended hours outside of normal business hours to support service issues, emergency or maintenance tasks, and projects.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Troubleshooting all systems related issues in our Dev/Test & Production environments
- Suggesting solutions to overcome issues and solve future issues before they happen.
- Documenting procedures & network diagrams on SharePoint.
- Learning about and implementing new technologies
WEBstaurantStore.com offers a very competitive salary and an exciting environment to work in. If you're ready to work for an employer who values your skills and what you can bring to the table, while investing in your future by providing the training required to stay up-to-date on current technologies, please submit your resume today!