Looking for the start-up feel, but with a well-established and rapidly growing company? Want to be an integral leader in our growing software development department? This is an opportunity for you!
WebstaurantStore, the world’s largest restaurant supplier, is looking for a Director of Software Development to join our growing company. This role focuses on web application development and is a key part of growing the many facets of our business.
As a Director of Software Development, you will be:
- Working in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment
- Leading 5 - 8 Software Development Managers and their teams
- Mentoring and managing performance of direct reports to facilitate career goals
- Managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, utilizing your critical thinking skills
- Organizing and managing timelines, which includes collaborating with BA, QA, and development teams
- Working with Development Director colleagues to ensure company goals and visions are met
- Ensuring our fun and open culture is preserved
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who have:
- A passion for working with others to deliver quality, scalable software that supports the needs of a rapidly growing business.
- 3+ years managing leaders of software engineering teams in consumer Web or SaaS products
- 3+ years working on an eCommerce product
- Proven track record of delivering performant, scalable products in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience with a modern technology stack (our stack: C#, React, SQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Strong technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your engineers
- Strong desire to understand the details of systems, get hands-on with data analysis and root cause analysis
- Ability to hold yourself, and direct reports accountable for results
- Ability to maintain high standards for hiring employees, culture, and quality
- Highly developed critical thinking skills
Remote Hiring Details:
If you’re searching for a full-time, permanent work-at-home career, we’ve got an opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team! Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY).
H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you’ll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify, remote candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have a strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.