Clark Associates is seeking a driven and motived Corporate Counsel to help manage the legal needs of the Clark Associates Family of Companies. This “generalist” role handles a variety of issues arising out of the Clark Associates Family of Companies’ many business operations. The position reports directly to the General Counsel.
Successful candidates will have proven leadership and process development experience as well as excellent technical legal skills.
As Corporate Counsel, your key role responsibilities include:
- Act as a resource and offer counsel on legal matters.
- Review, revise and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Provide legal advice and counsel businesses on commercial matters, including but not limited to:
- General corporate matters;
- Privacy, data security, and retention matters;
- Commercial real estate matters; and
- Other miscellaneous compliance topics.
- Advise on trends and changes in legal environment.
- Assist in the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of outside counsel.
- Partner with various internal teams to identify opportunities and exposure, while recommending most appropriate courses of action.
- Drive process development and promote continual improvement for the legal function.
- Operate with an entrepreneurial spirit in minimizing exposure and bringing value.
- Train business unit personnel on relevant legal topics.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned from time to time by the General Counsel.
Basic qualifications for the Corporate Counsel position include:
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and in good standing
- A minimum of five years of progressive, related experience with a corporate legal department or law firm
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Able to build credibility and trust with clients, colleagues, stakeholders and business partners
- Driven and self-motivated with a passion for excellence
- Places high importance on attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to propose solutions that are both legally compliant and consistent with business plans and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adapts well to change
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasoned recommendations and determine who should be informed
- Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, 401k with company match, wellness programs, and gym membership reimbursement.
Our Lancaster headquarters features an on-site fitness center and cafeteria. If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!