Clark Associates is seeking a driven and motived Corporate Counsel with a specialty in employment law to help manage the legal needs of the Clark Associates Family of Companies. This position reports directly to the General Counsel and will assist the Benefits and Employment Support Teams.
Successful candidates will have proven leadership and process development experience as well as excellent technical legal skills.
As Corporate Counsel - Employment Law, your key role responsibilities include:
- Provide in-house legal counsel and support on employment-related matters including, but not limited to benefits and employment support issues; internal investigations; federal and state wage and hour laws; workers' compensation, unemployment and other state agency claims; employment agreements; compensation plans and questions; separation issues; FMLA and ADA accommodation requests; unions; employment-related hearings, litigation, mediations, and arbitrations; and matters related to COVID-19.
- Advise on and draft employment-related policies and procedures.
- Assist in the creation and provide in-house training on employment-related matters.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable labor and employment laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Identify and assess legal risks and opportunities within the labor and employment area and advise accordingly.
- Supervise outside counsel on employment-related matters, including litigation.
- Advise on trends and changes in legal environment.
- Partner with various internal teams to identify opportunities and exposure, while recommending most appropriate courses of action.
- Review, revise and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Drive process development and promote continual improvement for the legal function
- Operate with an entrepreneurial spirit in minimizing exposure and bringing value
- Perform other tasks not related to employment matters, as assigned from time to time by the General Counsel, including but not limited to general corporate matters; privacy, data security, and retention matters; commercial real estate matters; and other miscellaneous compliance topics.
Basic qualifications for the Corporate Counsel - Employment Law position include:
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and in good standing
- A minimum of five years of substantive labor and employment experience with a corporate legal department or law firm
- Experience handling labor and employment matters before federal courts, state courts and administrative agencies
- Experience counseling clients on labor and employment matters
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Able to build credibility and trust with clients, colleagues, stakeholders and business partners
- Driven and self-motivated with a passion for excellence
- Places high importance on attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to propose solutions that are both legally compliant and consistent with business plans and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adapts well to change
- Sound judgment and the ability to make reasoned recommendations and determine who should be informed
- Strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, 401k with company match, wellness programs, and gym membership reimbursement.
Our Lancaster headquarters features an on-site fitness center and cafeteria. If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!