The Merchandising Specialist with The Restaurant Store is responsible for assisting the Merchandising Manager with all aspects of merchandising for a retail branch location. The Merchandising Specialist will achieve a variety of operational goals through effective receiving, stocking, and inventory control strategies that align with the goals of our sales, purchasing, and merchandising teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in retail and/or supply chain management
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Optimize sales based on effective product placement throughout the branch location
- Conduct ongoing analysis to plan and challenge product allocation within the branch location
- Ensure a high level of organization and neatness while completing daily merchandising tasks
- Support monthly front-of-store resets that highlight sales items in an effective manner
- Communicate effectively with the Inventory Department to merchandising space within the branch location
- Communicate effectively with the Sales Department to alert customers when new or requested items are available in-store
- Communicate with Branch / Assistant Branch Manager to support the safety and maintenance of the building and equipment
- Manage customer sales issues as needed
- Support the development and training needs of the local team related to merchandising management
- Support the growth and utilization of TRS.com across our customer base
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the store
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience with CRM systems and project management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Business Proficiency in English is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 9 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
May require occasional travel to other stores within the region