WebstaurantStore is the leading restaurant supply & equipment e-commerce retailer. As a Prep Cook on our team, you’ll work Monday through Friday, collaborating in a photo studio with the Food Styling team and other professionals that embody our core values: embracing the entrepreneurial spirit, displaying a passion for excellence, and always doing the right thing. You will serve the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide by being part of a team that creates meaningful product images that follow our brand standards. We carry 300,000+ unique products including large equipment, countertop appliances, dinnerware, textiles, consumables, and more!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate effectively with a team that includes the Studio Manager, Photographers and stylists.
- Follows weekly production schedule to prep and cook food for stylists and photographers as needed.
- Follow recipes, knife skills and cooking techniques when prepping ingredients.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of all props, kitchen and food areas.
- Places and receives grocery orders. Has a strong sense of studio kitchen inventory.
- Participating in a weekly pre-production process and other essential meetings or brainstorming sessions.
- Operating with a big-picture perspective and using an understanding of business needs to prioritize tasks.
- Meeting weekly KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Supporting the photo teams as directed.
- Monday through Friday, no weekends.
We’re looking for a team member who:
- Ability to work full time hours for this in-studio position.
- Has previous experience working in a fast past kitchen environment.
- Has exceptional organizational skills.
- Embraces change, shows agility, and is comfortable with ambiguity and working at a fast pace.
- Communicates effectively with multiple personality types both in person and through email.
- Demonstrates initiative and follows through.
- Finds a balance between organizational, personal, and team needs.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- ServSafe certification is a plus.
- Experience with food styling a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs/gym reimbursements, and a 401k plan with a company match.
- Investment in your learning and education in professional and interpersonal skills.