The Clark Associates Companies are looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our rapidly growing company. The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for ensuring a high level of consistency, fairness, and effectiveness in workforce management programs and employee relations. This position serves as a trusted advisor to managers on Company policies and procedures and facilitates related projects and best practices across Clark companies and Business Services.
This position also responds to complex employee relations issues that can be urgent or unstable and typically can only be completed successfully with limited time. Balancing time between strategic projects and day-to-day customer needs is a critical component for success in the position.
- Support business performance by utilizing Company knowledge and relationships to influence employment strategies and decision-making on short- and long-term objectives
- Provide objective and constructive guidance to managers and employees on the interpretation and application of Company policies, programs, and state and federal laws
- Support managers to investigate employee relations issues including performance management, conflict resolution, harassment and discrimination complaints, attendance, and similar issues to ensure that all employees are treated fairly, and the Company is protected from legal risk
- Investigate and advise managers on highly sensitive employment issues, including responding to employee complaints, conducting employee/witness interviews, analyzing data from various internal systems, composing reports/summaries, and recommending solutions that are consistent with Company policies and procedures
- Support compliance efforts by ensuring guidelines and recommendations are consistent related to the FMLA, ADA, FLSA, The Civil Rights Act of 1964, etc. and relevant state employment laws
- Provide project management support for a variety of organizational development initiatives, including system and database management, job descriptions and compensation planning, policy development, and management training initiatives
- Facilitate the Dispute Resolution Program in conjunction with local management and the Legal Department
- Analyze trend data to develop proactive recommendations that mitigate systemic issues and support the continuous improvement of people policies, programs, and procedures
- Promote the accuracy and timeliness of updating Company records to ensure effective communications and data quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Strong emotional intelligence required with the ability to connect with others in-person and remotely
- Demonstrated passion for employee relations, investigations, and employment law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable working in a high-tech environment
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
This role is based at our Lancaster, PA offices and includes part-time telecommuting options; limited travel to other Company locations in the U.S. may be required up to 10%. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, a competitive medical, dental and vision insurance package, 401k match, and wellness programs.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!