Career Growth Opportunities | Great Pay | Great Benefits | Fun Environment
Day Shift Hours (40 Hour Work - Week)
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Starting wage $17.50. Reviews with a potential raise every 6 months from starting date.
The Administrative Assistant / Benefits Specialist is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks, including multiple tasks related to recruiting and onboarding, as well as providing day-to-day support of the Company’s benefits plans. This position works closely with managers, employees, and support functions at the local and corporate levels, and requires a high degree of confidentiality and the ability to recognize and escalate issues when appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a positive environment by greeting visitors, vendors, applicants, and new hires upon arrival
- Review applicants for open positions and contact qualified candidates to finalize applications and/or schedule interviews
- Provide objective guidance to applicants and employees on the interpretation and application of Company policies, programs, and state and federal laws
- Support the new hire orientation process, including the completion of new hire paperwork and other onboarding activities (e.g. training, orientation, benefits)
- Support the benefits enrollment process including new hire enrollments and annual enrollment, including conducting information meetings on a monthly basis, assisting employees with benefit elections and any required paperwork
- Support annual benefits programs including wellness initiatives such as BMI recording
- Support compliance efforts by ensuring guidelines and recommendations are consistent related to the FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Civil Rights Act of 1964, etc. and relevant state employment laws
- Conduct periodic 401(k) trainings and serve as the local contact for related questions concerning enrollment and plan administration
- Promote the accuracy and timeliness of updating Company records to ensure effective communications and data quality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in employee benefits or similar human resources role that includes supporting a large hourly workforce; experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
- Associate degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Strong emotional intelligence required with the ability to connect with others in-person and remotely
- Demonstrated passion for employee relations, investigations, and employment law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable working in a high-tech environment
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking.
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures in the facility
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
Benefits package including; HSA, Health Insurance, Voluntary Insurance,& DCRA
Matching employer sponsored 401K & Profit Sharing
Wellness programs, employee assistance programs
Employee Referral Bonus
If you like challenges, can embrace change, enjoy working in a fun and fast paced environment, then apply today!