The IT department at Clark Associates, Inc. is looking to establish a 24/7 Network Operations Center to manage, monitor and maintain all critical network resources including servers, databases, firewalls, and websites. The primary goal is to actively monitor these resources to prevent, or quickly resolve problems within the network and ensure high availability.
The NOC will be responsible for the network resources of all companies under the Clark umbrella, including The WebstaurantStore, the leading ecommerce website to meet the purchasing needs of the food service professional worldwide.
We are seeking intelligent, driven IT professionals who are looking to gain insight into and experience with the full scope of IT systems that make up an enterprise-level company.
- Actively monitor a wide variety of dashboards, alerts, and software to identify issues as they arise.
- Identify and document trends to proactively prevent future problems.
- Maintain reporting of network data; such as bandwidth usage, hardware utilization and uptime.
- Work closely with other IT teams (Developers, Systems Administrators, Database, etc.) to establish troubleshooting protocols and solve problems.
- Act as the first point of contact and resolution for all client network issues.
- Quickly respond to, and properly escalate downtime events with the proper level of urgency.
- Bridge Communication between IT teams and end users while facilitating issue resolution.
- Sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Drive and initiative, the desire to constantly improve upon skillset and knowledge base.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and address tasks and issues in order of priority.
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate while working from home or in the office.
Technical Skills (Required):
- Understanding of Active Directory, Windows OS, Office 365, Mac OS, DNS, DHCP, LAN / WAN.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and how different network components function as parts of a whole.
- Knowledge of the OSI Model and how it relates to the troubleshooting process.
- Experience with Open-Source technologies.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
- Real-word technology support experience - intern/externships are acceptable.
Technical Skills (Preferred):
- IT Certifications; CompTIA A+, Network+ etc.
- Formal education in an IT related field.
- Experience with packet capture tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience with scripting (Python, Powershell etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL.
Do you desire to be part of a team in which your ideas and solutions are put into place? Do you want to work for an employer who values your skills and what you can bring to the table, while investing in your future by providing the training required to stay up to date on current technologies? If you are motivated problem solver with a desire to grow your skills while supporting a fast-paced, growing company, this position may be for you!
Applicants must be able to commute to our Smoketown, PA office. This position will require weekend shifts on a rotational basis. Work from home shifts are available.