WebstaurantStore, the world’s largest restaurant supplier, is looking for a Director of Product Design to join our growing company. This role focuses on UI/UX design for the many growing websites of our business.
As a director, you will lead a team of Design Managers and be responsible for the user experience and creative direction of our websites and services. You will set the tone, pace and direction of the products and tools used on WebstaurantStore.com and positively impact the experience of millions of customers that visit our site each month.
You will be:
- Working in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment
- Leading 4 - 8 Design Managers and their teams
- Mentoring and managing performance of direct reports to facilitate career goals
- Managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, utilizing your critical thinking skills
- Organizing and managing timelines, which includes collaborating with development teams and other departments
- Working with Director colleagues to ensure company goals and visions are met
- Ensuring our design team culture is preserved
- A passion for working with others to deliver quality, user experiences and interfaces that support the needs of a rapidly growing business.
- 3+ years managing designers or managers in product design
- 3+ years working on an eCommerce product
- 5+ years of relevant web design experience—ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company; or a portfolio to match someone with that level of experience
- Experience with modern front-end tooling (our stack: LESS, SCSS, Tailwind and React, etc)
- Technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your front-end developers
- Ability to hold yourself, and direct reports accountable for results
- Ability to maintain high standards for hiring employees, culture, and quality
- Highly developed critical thinking skills
- Annual bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Work remote, semi-remote, or work in the office. How do you work best?
- 401(k) up to a 10% employee contribution
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify for remote work, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
If you are ready to be a part of our team, please include these in your application:
- A website where we can get to know you and your work
- Your resume
- A short paragraph on why you believe that you will flourish and grow at WebstaurantStore