If you are searching for a full-time, permanent work-at-home career, we've got an opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team! Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (DE, FL, GA, MD, NC, PA, SC, TN, and VA). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
Awarded as one of the fastest-growing companies in central Pennsylvania; Clark Associates, Inc. is looking for proactive, detail-oriented candidates to join our growing tax team in a Tax Exemption Coordinator position within our Business Services - Tax department. This role focuses on attention to detail and accuracy and is a key part of ensuring Clark Associates and our divisions are providing quality assistance to customers while processing their tax exemption documents in compliance with state sales tax laws.
Starting Hourly Rate: $16.00/hour
As a Tax Exemption Coordinator, you will:
- Review and approve all incoming exemption certificates, ensuring they are complete, correct, and appropriate
- Manage customer requests related to taxability of certain items
- Manage and maintain the exemption certificate website/software
- Ensure all exemption certificates are cataloged and easily retrievable
- Perform periodic reviews of exemption certificates and collection/approval processes
- Assist with retrieving and managing exemption certificates for sales tax audits
- Assist with internal requests related to our company's resale exemption certificates
- Continue education related to changes in exemption certificate law
- Evaluate current processes and collaborate with the team to find innovative solutions to improve efficiency
We are looking for motivated candidates who:
- Are able to work accurately at a fast pace
- Provide excellent communication
- Have a strong work ethic
- Can work well independently or as part of a cohesive team
- Are able to work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Have proficient typing skills
No prior sales tax exemption knowledge is required.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by Clark Associates to perform day-to-day tasks.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free.
- The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible)
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.)
- PO boxes are not supported; a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate in a professional environment with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast-paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss this position with you!