The Order Packer accurately and efficiently packages products to fulfill orders. This role operates a variety of warehouse equipment in a safe and efficient manner to meet daily objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all orders are packed properly in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Downsize packaging to minimize shipping costs without sacrificing product quality and ensure that the product will be delivered without damage
- Bill and ship completed orders by utilizing warehouse systems
- Palletize and load finished shipments onto trailers with provided equipment
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment to carry out job duties; adhere to all safety training and Company policies
- Meet or exceed the department standards for productivity and accuracy
- Maintain a clean work area, including the removal of empty boxes from bins or aisles as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a distribution environment; receiving and/or inventory experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Customer service-oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 10 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
Weekend shift runs from Friday - Sunday, 6:00a - 6:30p.