The Administrative Assistant / Benefits Specialist is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks, including multiple tasks related to recruiting and onboarding, as well as providing day-to-day support of the Company’s benefits plans. This position works closely with managers, employees, and support functions at the local and corporate levels, and requires a high degree of confidentiality and the ability to recognize and escalate issues when appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in employee benefits or similar human resources role that includes supporting a large hourly workforce; experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred
- Associate degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Strong emotional intelligence required with the ability to connect with others in-person and remotely
- Demonstrated passion for employee relations, investigations, and employment law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable working in a high-tech environment
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 12 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.