Clark Associates is the largest food service equipment and supplies dealer in the country and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies! We credit our success to hiring only the very best talent and keeping a strong focus on company culture, and employee engagement and development. People are at the core of everything we do. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, Clark Associates is the right fit for you.
A Vendor Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining vendor relationships, managing inventory, analyzing market pricing and setting pricing strategies, and negotiating vendor contracts and buying opportunities. As a Vendor Manager you will act as a ‘business owner’ for your vendors and strive to always be increasing sales and gross profit. You will work closely with our Category Managers to stock new items from your vendors’ product offerings and execute marketing plans to grow category families.
The ideal Vendor Manager candidate will be skilled in analyzing data, negotiating, communicating, establishing efficient ways to manage inventory, and problem-solving in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. We are looking for a self-starting, confident, intelligent, detail-oriented individuals who want to make an impact in a busy and growing company.
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive compensation package and yearly performance bonus
- Great benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO, paid maternity and parental leave and more
- Support for career growth and advancement including professional development and leadership courses, ongoing education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center and local gym discounts, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, yearly BMI bonus and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Effectively managing assigned vendor relationships
- Executing assigned vendors’ marketing
- Increasing the sales and gross profit of vendors
- Negotiating vendor contracts and order discounts
- Setting pricing strategy
- Efficiently managing product inventory to meet company goals
Skills & Requirements
- Generate high quality decisions and take calculated risks based on detailed data analysis
- Approach workload with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Negotiate with confidence
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Be flexible for the greater good
- Prioritize and manage many ongoing projects
- Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Strong computer skills with emphasis in Excel
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution - WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from Procurement’s leadership about our department’s history, guiding principles and excitement for continued future growth.
- If your application matches the qualities we’re looking for in an employee, you will receive a request for a phone interview
- Following the phone interview, you may be invited in for an in-person interview with 2 or more of our Procurement Managers
- Following the in-person interview, you may be invited back for a team shadowing and then a final decision will be made
This position is located at our headquarters in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.