Clark Associates is the largest food service equipment and supplies dealer in the country and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies! We credit our success to hiring only the very best talent and keeping a strong focus on company culture, and employee engagement and development. People are at the core of everything we do. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, Clark Associates is the right fit for you.
The Global Supply Chain Specialist is an entry level, full time position that works within our Procurement Department. This role focuses on product sourcing and inventory planning/forecasting, specifically from overseas manufacturers, within our distribution centers across the country.
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive compensation package and yearly performance bonus
- Great benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO, paid maternity and parental leave and more
- Support for career growth and advancement including professional development and leadership courses, ongoing education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center and local gym discounts, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, yearly BMI bonus and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Sourcing international suppliers and products through research; evaluate foreign suppliers based on price, quality, reliability, production and distribution capabilities.
- Negotiating price and terms with product manufacturers and suppliers in foreign countries.
- Monitoring and analyzing foreign suppliers’ performance and assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Managing inventory and shipments
- Maintaining and applying real-time knowledge regarding regulatory requirements and costs related to obtaining product from foreign countries.
- Analyzing inventory levels to determine how to increase inventory turns and maximize use of warehouse space
Skills & Requirements
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Effective communication
- Mathematically-based analytical skills and data analysis
- Foreign language fluency a plus
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution - WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from Procurement’s leadership about our department’s history, guiding principles and excitement for continued future growth.
- If your application matches the qualities we’re looking for in an employee, you will receive a request for a phone interview
- Following the phone interview, you may be invited to an in-person interview with 2 or more of our Procurement Managers
- Following the in-person interview, you may be invited back for a team shadowing and then a final decision will be made
This position is located at our headquarters in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.