Clark Associates is the largest food service equipment and supplies dealer in the country and has been recognized as one of Central Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies! We credit our success to hiring only the very best talent and keeping a strong focus on company culture, and employee engagement and development. People are at the core of everything we do. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, Clark Associates is the right fit for you.
We are currently looking for a Category Manager to join our team in Lancaster, PA. This position focuses on category development, including product sourcing, analyzing global and seasonal trends, researching new developments within a given category, and product pricing. As a Category Manager, you will act as the “business owner” for your category and must have a complete understanding of all variables impacting your business. You will be responsible for revenue and gross profit within your assigned category and must be able to strategize and arrive at the most profitable decisions.
Before becoming a full Category Manager, a thorough understanding of procurement functions is necessary; the initial training period for this role could last up to 1 year. The ideal candidate will be skilled in analyzing data, managing a changing workload, communicating effectively, establishing creative ways to market items, and problem-solving in a fast paced work environment.
We are looking for a confident, intelligent, detail-oriented, and responsible individual who wants to create an immediate impact on a busy and growing company.
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive compensation package and yearly performance bonus
- Great benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO, paid maternity and parental leave and more
- Support for career growth and advancement including professional development and leadership courses, ongoing education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center and local gym discounts, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, yearly BMI bonus and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Researching and adding new items within assigned category
- Defining and executing projects to increase sales and gross profit based on interpretation of data and reports
- Generating creative and effective ideas for marketing
- Being attentive to market trends and reacting to those developing trends accordingly to maximize profitability
- Communicating clearly and effectively about product changes and developments to increase revenue and gross profit
- Understanding the three distribution channel customers and determine the best selling strategy for each
Skills & Requirements
- Accurate data reporting and analysis skills
- Formulate and execute category strategies
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel
- Ability to conduct detailed research
- Prioritization and time management of many ongoing projects
- Organized in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong communicator
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution - WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from Procurement’s leadership about our department’s history, guiding principles and excitement for continued future growth.
- If your application matches the qualities we’re looking for in an employee, you will receive a request for a phone interview
- Following the phone interview, you may be invited to an in-person interview with 2 or more of our Procurement Managers
- Following the in-person interview, you may be invited back for a team shadowing and then a final decision will be made
This position is located at our headquarters in Lancaster, PA. Please include a cover letter with your application.