Who we are:
The WebstaurantStore is the leading e-commerce website to meet the purchasing needs of the foodservice industry worldwide. WebstaurantStore, a Clark Associates company, is looking for proactive, detail-oriented candidates to join our growing company as a Logistics Intern - Outbound. This role focuses on problem-solving and process improvement and is a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
The Outbound Transportation Team, a subdivision of our Logistics Department, focuses on strengthening the outbound transportation link in the supply chain through cost optimization, efficient processes, and a focus on the customer experience.
As a Logistics Intern you will:
- Establish new systems and processes as needed for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of outbound transportation practices
- Identify cost optimization opportunities via analysis of available data
- Make and execute decisions regarding delivery needs of customer orders
- Manage relationships with transportation providers, vendors, Customer Service, and others to help resolve shipping issues
- Monitor key department metrics, including profitability, to identify opportunities for team improvement
- Collaborate with others in Logistics to ensure fast processing of orders
- Evaluate current processes and suggest appropriate improvements to increase efficiency and better the customer experience
- Investigate processing as well as customer problems and provide strategic solutions
- Other special projects as assigned
- Complete a presentation outlining your projects, contributions, and feedback at the end of the program
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who are:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program - Any major welcome
- Able to leverage data to support proposed solutions
- Willing to independently take initiative and ownership of problems to find solutions
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Able to balance desired business and customer outcomes
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture
- Adept at communicating effectively to a variety of audiences
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
What we have to offer:
- Structured On the Job Training
- Training program to teach company history, culture, and systems/processes
- Networking and Professional Development sessions with other interns and Clark senior leaders
- Mentorships with experienced team members
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for Full-Time Employment after Graduation
- Companywide, over 20% of our interns are hired full-time after graduation!
- State of the art on-site fitness center
- Dog-Friendly Office
- A steady stream of coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Flexible Remote Working Options*
*Not close to one of our offices or do you prefer a fully remote working set up? This position is also available as a remote position! Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY. H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
To qualify for remote work, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks
- Access to a home router and modem
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have a strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (a wired connection is preferred, if possible)
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.) PO Boxes are not supported as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment
- The desire and ability to work and communicate in a professional environment with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
As a WebstaurantStore remote intern, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as interns at our physical corporate locations. Intern networking and professional development sessions are available both virtually and in person. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast-paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Logistics Intern position with you! Submit your resume and cover letter to apply online today.