The Sales Specialist with The Restaurant Store is responsible for assisting the Sales Manager and other Sales Specialists with various aspects of developing and maintaining an effective sales culture for a retail branch location. The Sales Specialist will achieve a variety of operational goals through effective day-to-day sales strategies that align with the goals of our merchandising, purchasing, and inventory teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on expanding customer support and sales to our Spanish-speaking customer base
- Communicate with Spanish-speaking customers within the store location to ensure customers are aware of all products and services available on-site and via TRS.com
- Accompany Street Marketing team members to various locations with Spanish-speaking populations within market reach of the store to clearly communicate products available from TRS
- Contribute to the internal quota system and coordinate on-site visits for appropriate sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain extensive product knowledge and conduct product training within the branch location
- Communicate with Branch / Assistant Branch Manager(s) to identify charitable organizations to support within the local market
- Support Membership and Gold Membership growth year over year within the local market
- Support the growth and utilization of TRS.com across our customer base
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the store
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in retail and/or supply chain management
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience with CRM systems and project management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Business Proficiency in English and Spanish is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 9 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires occasional bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
May require occasional travel to other stores within the region