The Hospitality Professional Intern with The Restaurant Store will gain a day-to-day operations perspective in a retail branch environment and become a contributor to a high level of customer service and satisfaction. The Hospitality Professional Intern will achieve a variety of operational goals through effective customer service strategies that align with the goals of our sales, purchasing, and inventory teams.
An Intern with The Restaurant Store (A Clark Associates Company) will enjoy specialized training courses, participate in round-table discussions with other interns from around the company, and attend a volunteer day which will underscore giving back to the community as a part of our company culture. All Interns will have the opportunity to tour our Lancaster campus and meet the leaders of all Clark companies. A highlight of this Internship will be participating in sessions led by the Chairman of the Board and Clark executives where they will discuss topics like “How to Dream”, “Building Your Own Personal Brand”, and “Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit”.
We aim to maintain a standard of best-in-class Internship experience. This program fuels our growth and allows potential new hires to learn about what our company has to offer ahead of joining the workforce on a permanent basis. This competitive internship program will be perfect for anyone who loves to work in a fast-paced environment where they are expected to make a real contribution from day one.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Relevant experience in retail and/or supply chain management preferred
· High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience with CRM systems and project management tools
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
· Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
· Business Proficiency in English is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
This position may travel to other retail branch locations in the region (applicants should possess a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation)