Job Title: Employee Development Specialist (Lancaster, PA - Headquarters)
Company: Clark Associates, Inc.
Reports To: Director of Training and Development
WHO WE ARE:
Based in Lancaster, PA, Clark Associates has been a disruptive force in the Food Service Industry for 50 years. Our company is comprised of multiple divisions ready to meet the varied needs of our customers today while always focused on growth for the future. Clark Companies pride themselves on investing heavily in people to develop a culture that inspires a passion for excellence, embraces an entrepreneurial spirit, and focuses on doing the right thing.
The Clark Associates Employee Development Specislist is responsible for building, teaching, and evaluating technical and cultural trainings throughout all channels. An individual in this role must have superior abilities to inspire trusting and authentic partnerships with professionals at all points of their employee lifecycle. Further, the Employee Development Specialist must continually refine their knowledgebase, teaching expertise, and ability to coach others as future trainers within their own teams. In an effort to constantly provide best in class programs, Employee Development Specialist should have a keen eye for finding and applying patterns in data sets in order to make informed decisions. This position has the privilege of interacting with employees from all Clark Companies, thus should be prepared to travel (driving and flying) a minimum of once a month.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An engaging and vibrant team culture
- A focus on work/life balance
- A competitive salary and benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and a 401K match
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- An on-site fitness center
- A newly renovated employee café replenished daily with fresh and healthy food options
- Opportunities for community involvement
- A dog friendly office environment
- A hybrid office and “work from home” schedule option with time and experience
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
- A positive attitude and the ability to remain patient, even under pressure
- A hunger to learn and grow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion to serve and support others
- The ability to initiate and maintain trusting and productive professional relationships
- An understanding of adult learning and high-quality engagement strategies
- The desire to innovate and improve with a strong work ethic
- An ability to showcase humility and exercise strong emotional intelligence
- A strength in communicating verbally and through digital presentation tools
- An ability to evaluate numeric and descriptive data in order to make informed decisions
- A passion for, and commitment to, DiSC
- Teaching experience in industry and/or education field (preferred, but not required)
- A college education (preferred, but not required)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY:
- Provide a variety of technical and cultural training to all levels of employees
- Become industry experts in DiSC and Emotional Intelligence
- Share instructional ownership of the company’s learning management system.
- Grow in best practice industry instruction under the guidance of the Training and Development Leads
- Build courses for the employee lifecycle as guided by the Training and Development Leads.
- Build and teach high quality and engaging presentations that inspire audience participation and leave employees with clear application.
- Develop authentic relationships with site trainers at all physical Clark Associates locations.
- Consistently review professional development needs of all Clark Associates channels, and smaller teams, to provide insights and recommendations.
- Build feedback tools and gather insightful feedback on trainings. Study and revise feedback of conducted trainings that include both descriptive and measurable data.
- Build relationships with front line employees and leaders in both informal and formal capacities.
- Demonstrate the highest quality of communication at all times especially when interacting with site trainers, those in need of personalized coaching, and leaders looking for support with specialized projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Training and Development
If you’re ready for a challenging and rewarding career, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Company Trainer position with you. Submit your resume and *cover letter today!
*Cover letter is required.