Webstaurant Store is looking for motivated and creative candidates to join our growing company as a Customer Solutions Intern within our Customer Solutions department. Our summer internship program will provide you with the opportunity to onboard alongside our full-time employees while providing you with resources to expand your knowledge of the food service industry. Our interns are given ownership of various projects and will be provided with feedback by various department leaders both on overall completion as well as skills acquired during completion. This internship is a remote position with the potential option to work from one of our office buildings depending on location. There is also an option to extend the internship through the fall semester pending summer performance reviews.
To hear firsthand accounts from previous interns, click here.
To hear more about Webstaurant Store, click here.
Within the Customer Solutions Internship, you will...
- Gain real life business experience by working on projects that support initiatives for improving customer experience and internal systems / processes
- Take initiative and use strategic thinking to ensure that WebstaurantStore.com is the leader in the online food service industry
- Foster a team-oriented mindset by maintaining a positive, professional attitude in all correspondence both within and outside the company
- Learn the history & business model of Webstaurant Store and how to efficiently navigate our internal systems
- Provide friendly, efficient, and accurate solutions for customers with the goal of customer loyalty and increased business sales
- Connect with our customers via email & Live Chat while learning best practices to analyze customer situations, investigate problems, and provide strategic solutions
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of the food service industry and the products that we sell
- Participate in professional development discussions with current managers & leaders that will allow you to improve marketable skills for future success
What we're looking for from you:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects
- Self-motivated, reliable individual capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and bring innovation to the table
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks
- Access to a home router and modem
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have a strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible)
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residency in 1 of the following states – PA, MD, DE, VA, MI, WI, OH, WV, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, MS, AR, OK, TX, AZ, KS, WY, NV
- Be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a college / university or enrolled in a master’s program
We offer competitive compensation while being a work-life balance and wellness focused employer.
If you are ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we would love to discuss this internship opportunity with you!