Day Shift Hours (40 Hour Work - Week)
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Reviews with a potential raise every 6 months from starting date.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for various duties related to the overall maintenance and operations of the warehouse and property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assist in the repair of various pieces of warehouse equipment, including conveyor belts and forklifts, and the periodic movement and upkeep of racking
· Support a variety of maintenance projects related to operational improvements and preventative maintenance of tools and equipment
· Maintain the warehouse yard, including the upkeep and disposal of pallets / skids
· Operate various pieces of equipment, including forklifts and floor scrubbers
· Report any forklift issues to the team lead or manager promptly to ensure they are properly resolved
· Maintain a clean work area, including the removal of empty boxes from bins or aisles as needed
· Communicate regularly with management to ensure that all equipment is in working order and the Company maintains a safe work environment
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a distribution environment; maintenance experience and forklift certification preferred
· High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
· Customer service-oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work is performed while standing and/or walking
· Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
· Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
· Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
· Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
Benefits package including; HSA, Health Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, & DCRA
Matching employer sponsored 401K & Profit Sharing
Wellness programs, employee assistance programs
Employee Referral Bonus
If you like challenges, can embrace change, enjoy working in a fun and fast paced environment, then apply today!