The Inventory Manager with The Restaurant Store is responsible for managing all aspects of inventory control for a retail branch location. Under direction of the Branch Manager, the Inventory Manager is responsible for accomplishing a variety of operational goals through effective inventory management that maximize our purchasing, merchandising, and sales teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain accurate inventory control and ensure that products or services comply with regulatory and quality standards
- Complete the cycle count process on a weekly basis in accordance with Company guidelines
- Manage the receiving processes of inventory within the location
- Investigate the negative number report and complete daily inventory adjustments
- Complete all four components of the Weekly Report in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with the Purchasing Department to maximize sales within the location
- Communicate effectively with the Sales Department to maximize on-hand inventory for customer’s needs
- Communicate effectively with the Merchandising Department to drive sales through effective merchandising and inventory levels
- Manage customer sales issues as needed
- Support the development and training needs of the local team related to inventory management
- Support the growth and utilization of TRS.com across our customer base
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the store
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in retail and/or supply chain management with a specific focus on inventory management
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience with CRM systems and project management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical and complex concepts in a simple and concise way to ensure ease of understanding
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Service leadership approach with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Business Proficiency in English is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 9 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires occasional bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional activities may involve exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
May require occasional travel to other stores within the region