Join one of Pennsylvania’s fastest growing companies today! WebstaurantStore, a division of Clark Associates, is looking for entry-level candidates who possess strong writing and research skills to join our growing company as Food & Beverage Content Writers. This role focuses on developing engaging written and visual content for our website and is a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
As a Food & Beverage Content Writer, you will:
- Write in-depth, highly creative product descriptions that give our customers the ability to almost taste, smell, touch, and experience our high-quality food and beverage items
- Write compelling and creative descriptions that effectively market our food and beverage items to the foodservice industry
- Create, tweak, and compile innovative recipes into product descriptions to help sell food and beverage items
- Research and compile informative product buying guides to influence purchasing decisions
- Enter shipping information and relevant product data into our database
- Regularly correspond with external vendors and internal departments to complete projects
- Edit product descriptions, buying guides, and supportive text throughout our e-commerce website
- Work on special projects such as writing video scripts, developing marketing copy for e-blasts and site ads, and maintaining internal resources
- Manage an ongoing task list of buying guides, special projects, and several hundred product descriptions per week
- Participate in team meetings and product trainings
- Communicate with the Purchasing team, Site Maintenance, Photo, Video, Design, and SEO departments to complete projects on deadline
- Attend conferences related to the food industry
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who:
- Are highly creative writers who can formulate descriptions that allow readers to smell, taste, touch, and experience food and beverage items by reading your descriptions
- Are able to adapt their writing style to effectively market food and beverage items online
- Ideally have an understanding about how to market products online
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Are self-motivated to complete work assignments
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Are able to multi-task
- Are receptive to feedback on their work
- Take initiative to solve problems independently
- Are willing to learn new tasks and new software
- Can adopt our writing style
- Have superior research skills
- Are willing to suggest improvements related to site features
- Are familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Employees also enjoy regular food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts.
Our Pennsylvania headquarters feature an on-site fitness center, regular training sessions, game room, and the chance to cook and eat delicious meals in our test kitchen, outfitted with some of our newest and best professional restaurant equipment.
This position is also available as a remote position. If you're searching for a full-time, permanent work-at-home career, we’ve got an opportunity for you to join our fast-growing team! Currently, we are employing legal residents of the following states: (AL, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, KS, KY, MD, MI, MS, NV, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI or WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
Work from home benefits include:
- The essential computer equipment, such as hardware and software, needed to perform your job.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Food & Beverage Content Writer position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.