The Order Picker locates and pulls products from warehouse locations to fulfill orders. This role operates a variety of warehouse equipment, including forklifts, in a safe and efficient manner to meet daily objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all orders are picked properly in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment to carry out job duties; adhere to all safety training and Company policies, including wearing belt/harness at all times, not carrying passengers without a belt/harness, using the horn as appropriate, maintaining safe speeds, and never pulling skids directly from bins with an order picker
- Meet or exceed the department standards for productivity and accuracy
- Report any forklift issues to the team lead or manager promptly to ensure they are properly resolved
- Maintain a clean work area, including the removal of empty boxes from bins or aisles as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a distribution environment; receiving and/or inventory experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Customer service-oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Business Proficiency in English is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 10 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
3rd Shift: Monday-Friday 7pm-5:30am