After quickly rising to the largest foodservice equipment and supplies dealer in the country by stringing together a decade of being one of the fastest growing companies in PA, Clark Associates is now making a targeted push into distributing industrial and MRO products to our customers. As of now, Industrial is one of the fastest growing categories of products that we sell, and our position in the industry is at its infancy with $50 million in sales. We have proven small scale success in this category with many scaleable development opportunities due to our unique business model and large national customer base. We are looking for someone to architect and achieve the right strategic goals by building teams and developing people to achieve them.
We are currently looking to add a Category Manager to our procurement leadership team with a focus on our industrial category. Directors are responsible for creating an environment for product teams to be successful, facilitating cross departmental initiatives, coaching and developing product teams, as well as identifying and pursuing growth opportunities. This person’s performance will be measured by direct category financials as well as the accomplishment of strategic objectives.
- Researching and adding new items
- Defining and executing projects to increase sales and gross profit based on interpretation of data and reports
- Generating creative and effective ideas for marketing
- Being attentive to market trends and reacting to those developing trends accordingly to maximize profitability
- Communicating clearly and effectively about product changes and developments to increase revenue and gross profit
- Understanding the three distribution channel customers and determine the best selling strategy for each
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in marketing, product or category development, or purchasing-related role (Industrial/MRO industry preferred)
- Accurate data reporting and analysis skills
- Strong computer skills; emphasis in Excel
- Ability to conduct detailed research
- Prioritization and time management of many ongoing projects
- Organized in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Strong communicator
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive compensation package and yearly performance bonus
- Great benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO, paid maternity and parental leave and more
- Support for career growth and advancement including professional development and leadership courses, ongoing education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Flexible hours
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center and local gym discounts, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, yearly BMI bonus and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution - WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from Procurement’s leadership about our department’s history, guiding principles and excitement for continued future growth.