After quickly rising to the largest foodservice equipment and supplies dealer in the country by stringing together a decade of being one of the fastest growing companies in PA, Clark Associates is now making a targeted push into distributing industrial and MRO products to our customers. As of now, Industrial is one of the fastest growing categories of products that we sell, and our position in the industry is at its infancy with $50 million in sales. We have proven small scale success in this category with many scaleable development opportunities due to our unique business model and large national customer base. We are looking for someone to architect and achieve the right strategic goals by building teams and developing people to achieve them.
We are currently looking to add a Director to our procurement leadership team with a focus on our industrial category. Directors are responsible for creating an environment for product teams to be successful, facilitating cross departmental initiatives, coaching and developing product teams, as well as identifying and pursuing growth opportunities. This person’s performance will be measured by direct category financials as well as the accomplishment of strategic objectives.
What We Offer
- Nationally-recognized, growing company with strong core values and company culture
- Market-competitive compensation package and yearly performance bonus
- Great benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, generous PTO, paid maternity and parental leave and more
- Support for career growth and advancement including professional development and leadership courses, ongoing education and trainings, mentorships, company library and more
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Work-life balance and wellness focused employer with on-site fitness Center and local gym discounts, free strength and yoga classes, standing desks, yearly BMI bonus and more
- Thoughtful community support through the Clark Associates Charitable Foundation that donates over $3M to the local community annually, time off for monthly volunteer opportunities, charitable gifts to organizations you care about
- Dog-friendly Office
- Effectively managing assigned vendor relationships
- Executing assigned vendors’ marketing
- Increasing the sales and gross profit of vendors
- Negotiating vendor contracts and order discounts
- Setting pricing strategy
- Efficiently managing product inventory to meet company goals
Skills & Requirements
- Generate high quality decisions and take calculated risks based on detailed data analysis
- Approach workload with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Negotiate with confidence
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Be flexible for the greater good
- Prioritize and manage many ongoing projects
- Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Strong computer skills with emphasis in Excel
About the Procurement Department
- Clark Associates’ Procurement Department is responsible for purchasing all product sold through our 3 main channels of distribution - WebstaurantStore.com, The Restaurant Stores, and our specialty channels, Clark National Accounts, Hometown Provisions, Clark Food Service Equipment and 11400, Inc. This includes 340k+ items, 67k+ stocked items and 1200+ vendors. In 2020, we did $1.9B in sales. We work hard to offer the broadest and best assortment of product, the best price and value, and to always be in stock.
- Click here to hear first-hand from Procurement’s leadership about our department’s history, guiding principles and excitement for continued future growth.