Looking for the “Start-Up” feel in a well-established and rapidly growing company? Do you have a desire to work on a variety of projects in a fast paced environment? Want to be an integral part of a (remote) web development team with offices in Pennsylvania and Florida? This is the opportunity for you!
The WebstaurantStore, a leader in supporting the food service industry for two decades is?looking for a?Performance QA Engineer to join our growing company.
Either Onsite or Remote options are available with our team. 100% remote optional are following states only: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Accepting W2 candidates only. H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available.
As a Performance QA Engineer, you will:
- Be designing and developing load/performance tests in an agile development environment
- Provide performance recommendations to development teams
- Drive a continuous improvement mentality to deliver robust performance testing strategies and methods
- Create and update existing QA documentation
- Work closely with Development, Business Analysts and the Product Owners to ensure project success
- Mentor peers and staff on performance testing
- Partner with scrum team members to provide technical guidance on creating agile performance test solutions to meet critical business objectives
- Work within the Technical Test Team, helping other technical (automation) solutions as needed
- Estimate the Level of Effort needed to test and complete a task
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who MUST HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in performance and load testing of complex, web-based enterprise applications.
- Experience in designing test scenarios and load profiles based on application functionality and usage patterns.
- Knowledge of load testing and performance testing concepts and methods as applied in a C#.NET application environment.
- Strong technical competency in an Object-Oriented Programming language such as C#.NET/Java
- Knowledge of infrastructure components (servers, network, load balancers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Solid understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization.
- Experience working with APM tools, such as New Relic or Grafana
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and executing performance tests.
- Experience working with the JMeter load testing tool
- Experience monitoring systems for possible bottlenecks
- Experience load testing Web Services
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of source control tools, like GIT
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- An understanding of Agile testing methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of QA practices (white and black box testing, risk-based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
- Flexibility to Multitask and Shift Focus as needed
- Willingness to jump in and do what it takes to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points?if the candidate also has:
- TFS/VSTS/AzureDevOps experience
The WebstaurantStore? offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, gym membership reimbursement, 401k with company match, profit sharing, and an annual bonus.
If you’re ready for a challenge, and have the ambition to succeed in a fast paced, rapidly growing industry, we’d love to discuss this opportunity with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.
Accepting W2 candidates only.?H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available.
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you'll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country both professionally and personally.?
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 25mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used by WebstaurantStore to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.); PO Boxes are not supported; as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
Work from home benefits include:
- The essential computer equipment, such as hardware and software, needed to perform your job.
Remote options are available with our team. 100% remote optional are following states only: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.